Journal of Head & Neck Physicians and Surgeons, a publication of Foundation for Head & Neck Oncology, India, is a peer-reviewed online journal with a Semi-annual print-on-demand compilation of issues published. The journal's full text is available online at www.jhnps.org The journal allows free access (Open Access) to its contents and permits authors to self-archive the final accepted version of the articles on any OAI-compliant institutional / subject-based repository.
Scope: Journal of Head & Neck Physicians and Surgeons is an international journal that publishes original contributions related to the science of Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology and related specialties. The specialty deals with benign and malignant conditions. Truly multidisciplinary management and involvement is the hallmark. There is a confluence of medical and surgical expertise under this umbrella.
The specialties in which the journal receives contributions and has readership in the below-listed fields.
1. Head and neck surgery (benign conditions of the neck, parotid and thyroid
2. Head and neck surgical oncology: Surgical management of malignant conditions of the head neck subsites including, Oral cavity, oropharynx, nasopharynx, larynx and hypopharynx, nose and paranasal sinuses.
3. Robotic head and neck surgery, including Trans-oral robotic surgery and thyroid surgery
4. Endocrine Surgery: Benign and malignant conditions related to thyroid and pituitary
5. Medical Oncology related to the field
6. Radiation Oncology pertaining to the field.
7. Neurosurgery and Skull base surgery
8. Plastic and reconstructive surgery
9. Oral and Maxillofacial surgery
10. Dental medicine and all related specialties especially those involved in the care of head and neck cancer patients
The allied specialties also give significant contributions.
1. Speech and Swallowing pathology
5. Pain and Palliative care.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
The journal is registered with the following abstracting partners:
Baidu Scholar, CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure), EBSCO Publishing's Electronic Databases, Ex Libris – Primo Central, Google Scholar, Hinari, Infotrieve, National Science Library, ProQuest, TDNet, Wanfang Data
The journal is indexed with, or included in, the following:
DOAJ, Emerging Sources Citation Index, Scimago Journal Ranking, SCOPUS, Web of Science
Wolters Kluwer and Journal/Association are committed to meeting and upholding standards of ethical behavior at all stages of the publication process. We follow closely the industry associations, such as the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), that set standards and provide guidelines for best practices in order to meet these requirements. For a summary of our specific policies regarding duplicate publication, conflicts of interest, patient consent, etc., please visit www.Medknow.com/EthicalGuidelines.asp
Open Access Publication and Creative Commons Licensing
This is an open access journal, and articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License, which allows others to remix, tweak, and build upon the work non-commercially, as long as appropriate credit is given and the new creations are licensed under the identical terms.
Wolters Kluwer Medknow provides for long-term digital preservation through two primary partnerships, Portico and CLOCKSS.
Portico is a leading digital preservation service worldwide. The content is preserved as an archival version and is not publically accessible via Portico, but is provided when required under specific conditions, such as discontinuation of the collection or catastrophic failure of the website.
CLOCKSS will enable any library to maintain their own archive of content from Wolters Kluwer Medknow and other publishers, with minimal technical effort and using cheaply available hardware.
Ahead of Print policy
Articles published online under the Ahead of Print model are considered published and can be cited and quoted using the DOI as the reference source. Wolters Kluwer Medknow has a policy that changes will not be made after publication of an article without following accepted procedures for making corrections to the scientific record.
While advertisements are crucial to this journal to be able to keep all content free for everyone, ethical considerations are in place to ensure the integrity of the journal and its content:
- "Pop-up" and "banner" ads appear on a random, rotating basis. The advertiser has no control or input over the pages where their ads appear.
- The Editorial Board has full and final approval over the content of all advertisements.
- Advertisers will never be shown any manuscripts or other content prior to publication.
The Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO) is a multi-specialty National Society for Head & Neck Cancer in India. Our membership attracts the entire gamut of medical sub-specialties involved with Head-Neck Cancer, including Otolaryngology & Head-Neck Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Maxillofacial Surgeons, Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Reconstructive Surgeons, Basic Scientists, allied specialties, speech and swallowing therapists.
Head & Neck Cancers are the most prevalent cancers in India and the subcontinent. The FHNO was conceived in 2001 as a national group of clinicians and research scientists active in the specialty who felt the need for an active body to oversee the standards of care, education and research for such a significant health problem of the country.
The three main thrusts of activity of the Foundation have been
- Establishing uniform and internationally accepted standards of care in head and neck cancers in the country
- Promoting research programs in clinical and basic sciences
- Initiating educational activities like structured Oncology training programs and fellowships in head and neck oncology
Since its inception, the Foundation has justified these goals greatly. These include organizing CME programs and Head-Neck cancer workshops both for higher surgical trainees and practicing head and neck surgeons in different country regions. Formal structured training programs for head and neck oncologists have been started, and short-term training fellowships have been instituted in various cancer centres. To promote research activities, the Foundation has taken the lead in setting up of a national cooperative research group (Head-Neck Co-operative Oncology Group- HNCOG). The Foundation has been having regular annual conferences in different parts of the country, with the participation of luminaries in head and neck oncology from across the globe for the past 15 years, with the annual meetings attracting over 500 delegates.
Our membership currently includes more than 1000 professionals. We represent the interests of Head & Neck Cancer patients, researchers, and clinicians in India. The FHNO is affiliated to the International Federation of Head and Neck Oncologic Societies (IFHNOS).